Saturday, May 8, 2010

BYOC

BYOC Friday!

1. Do you have any nicknames?

I have a few nicknames. My family calls me MiMi, and a certain group of friends calls me Mia. My favorite nickname is one from high school, which was a variation of my maiden name.


2. What was your “last straw”? The incident/situation that made you decide to get a lap band or commit to losing weight via any plan this time?

I can't think of any one incident that was a last straw; it was more of a series of uncomfortable events. One in particular that I remember happened when I was working at Starbucks a few years ago. A customer called the store -- she had been in earlier. She was trying to figure out who had waited on her and couldn't remember the person's name. I asked her what the person looked like, and she said, "Brown hair, brown eyes..." At this point I know it's me, because I was the only one fitting the description. And then she follows up with, "You know, the heavy girl." I about died. It was all I could do to get through the the rest of the conversation. Consider that, at the time, I had just lost 30lbs and weighed about 205, so I had been feeling pretty good about myself. That just floored me, and on top of it, I felt it was so unfeeling of her to say that knowing it could be that person on the phone. I'm sure she didn't even think about it.



3. What’s your favorite joke or funny story?
This one has been around the net a million times, but it always makes me giggle:

A new priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak. After mass he asked the monsignor how he had done. The monsignor replied, "When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip."

So next Sunday he took the monsignor's advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm. Upon his return to his office after mass, he found the following note on the door:

1. Sip the Vodka, don't gulp.
2. There are 10 commandments, not 12.
3. There are 12 disciples, not 10.
4. Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.
5. Jacob wagered his donkey, he did not bet his ass.
6. We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J.C.
7. The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as daddy, junior and the spook.
8. David slew Goliath, he did not kick the shit out of him.
9. When David was hit by a rock and knocked off his donkey, don't say he was stoned off his ass.
10. We do not refer to the cross as the "Big T."
11. When Jesus broke the bread at the Last Supper he said,"Take this and eat it for it is my body." He did not say "Eat me"
12. The Virgin Mary is not called "Mary with the Cherry,"
13. The recommended grace before a meal is not: Rub-A-Dub-Dub thanks for the grub, yeah God.
14. Next Sunday there will be a taffy pulling contest at St.Peter's, not a peter pulling contest at St.Taffy's.


4. If you could be a TV dinner – what flavor would you be?
Spaghetti and meatballs!


5. The question we do every week so everyone can be a little famous without having to do an official blog award….what blog or comment stuck with you or spoke to you the most this week and why?

I have to give a hand to Debi as she has given quite a few shout-outs this week to us new band bloggers. That is totally awesome - thanks Debi!

2 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Ha - love that joke!

Rini said...

Love the template! It's so dainty and purty! The Starbucks story makes me sad. People are so inconsiderate!