I was reading about Food Constitutions over at Refuse to Regain, and I think this might be something worth mulling over. Stay tuned, it's still being mulled. As a start though, I offer you a few things I have learned about myself over the past six weeks with the elimination diet:
- processed food gives me cystic acne
- large amounts of wheat puts me in a coma
- sugar, honey, etc does not affect me adversely when used in moderation
- dairy makes me gassy and bloated
- dates give me wretched heartburn. WTF?!
- lamb is good, but I don't like the smell
- if I stay away from sugar for about three days, I not longer crave it
- a tablespoon of ground flaxseed a day keeps constipation away!
In other news, my left eyelid has been twitching for four days. I know this is usually from stress or lack of sleep, both of which I am experiencing right now. I got accepted into the June section of the practical exam for my EEG registry. I'm nervous! There is much preparation to be done. I keep catching myself scrunching up my eye trying to make it stop twitching -- I probably look like I am seizing myself! Note to self: cut it out. Another sign of stress for me? My fingers are a mess. When I'm nervous or bothered, I pick at the skin around my nails. Sometimes till it bleeds and hurts. It's f'd, I know. I can't help it.
On that note, I better go grab what little sleep I can --just in case the tater tot decides she needs to watch Tinkerbell again at 1:30 in the morning.