Friday, September 17, 2010

BYOC and my cat

First some news about my kitty cat Snickers. We've been together for ten years, and she is about 12 or 13 years old. She is my second rescue kitty, and she is just the snarkiest thing you ever met. I love her. Well, the vet just called and said she has hyperthyroidism, which means medicine for the rest of her life, which is probably only a couple more years. Luckily, this medication is fairly inexpensive, though the constant vet bills for checking her thyroid levels will not be. Hubs and I have talked a lot in the past about how we will not be spending thousands of dollars on our pets, especially with two babies. I was always in agreement, but now with this staring me in the face, I'm really in turmoil over it. I had to put my Brando down six years ago for diabetes, and it was awful. I don't want to lose my Snicky. I hate this.

And I have to work tomorrow.

For now... here's me bringing my own crazy...

1. Last week we asked your favorite thing about being an adult. This week the question is: what is one thing you miss about being a child?

I miss the family get-togethers we used to have when I was a kid. Not just for special occasions, but just those "whenever" times too. My cousins and I were together so much we were practically like siblings. We still see each other a lot, but it's not the same. I wish everyone still lived within a few miles of one another.

2. When you make a serious life decision – do you use your head or your heart?

A little of both. I try to use my head, but I have a tendency to jump in withe my whole heart. My mom always says this about me: "No matter how many times you land in the shit, you always come out smelling like roses." I have strange luck that way. Things seem to work out ok. Or maybe I am just good at making the best out of bad situations.

3. In relation to blogs….are you a never commenter, a sometimes commenter, an almost always commenter or a direct emailer kinda person?

I'm a sometimes commenter. I usually only comment if I have something to offer (encouragement, etc.), or if the person doesn't have any comments, I like to show that I was there and reading. Sometimes it's all I can do just to keep up with reading all the posts, let alone commenting! I rarely direct email. I think I've only emailed two people out here in blogworld. It's not that I don't want to... I'm just kinda shy about it.

4. If life was a flavor – would it be savory, sweet or sour?

A bit of each. I need variety.

5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in life or in blogland.

This week has just flown by. Hubs has been working late, so I feel like I've been on my own with the kids, and I'm tired. Now I have cat drama. My complacency about my weight plateau is starting to wear off. I had been feeling pretty good about myself, and now I'm getting all down about it again. I am so ready for my fill and to start exercising again.

6 comments:

Linda said...

So sorry about your cat. We have an old cat too and I have some suspicions that she may have that too. It's a hard decision when money's tight - even though that sounds harsh. Good luck with that decision.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I'm so sorry about your cat....I have two myself and can't imagine when that time comes.

Sam said...

I am sorry you have to go through this with your cat.

Theresa said...

When and animal is part of your family it is so hard when they are sick. I hope things get better.

Bonnie said...

:( Sorry about Snickers.

TJ said...

So sorry about Snickers. My parents had the same thing with our Beagle, Sassie. They bought the meds in bulk from the vet to "cheapen" the price. But since the bulk jar had more than 6 months worth of pills in it they were able to extend out the tests (crazy how expensive they are!).

In fact I think after the first 6 month checkup they typically went 12-18 months or more between tests. The doc wanted them more often, but unless Sassie was having issues or ran out of pills my parents just continued with the meds. She did fine with this and actually lived until she was 15 (almost 10 years after we put her on meds).