Friday, July 2, 2010

BYOC

1. Seeing that it’s a patriotic holiday of sorts I thought of this one: Where were you on September 11th?

I was at work. My office-mate had heard it on the radio, and we all tried to get on cnn.com to see what was happening, and it wasn't loading. So we headed across the hall to the breakroom to catch the news. Pretty soon, almost all 50 people who were in the office were piled in there. Some were crying. Most of us were in shock. Our boss told us to take the rest of the day off, so a bunch of us went to the bar and hung out together for an hour trying not to watch it over and over again on tv. When I got home, my roommate was home early too, so we grabbed a six pack and walked over to another friend's house. This is what sticks with me the most: there we were, sitting on their porch on an absolutely gorgeous Indian summer afternoon enjoying a beer and taking comfort in being with friends, all the while knowing something horrific beyond imagination was happening a few states away. I'll never forget what if felt to look up at the clear blue sky empty of air traffic and wonder about all the people in NY. It still makes me feel weird to think about it.

2. What is your idea of fun? If given the chance to skip work/life for an entire day, what would you do? (assume you’d be by yourself)

Fun for me these days would be having a chance to work on anything that has become impossible with two babies around. My perfect day would be watching a few movies, working on some knitting, reading, taking a walk, sitting outside in the sun, and basically doing what I want, when I want!

3. Suggestion from a follower. Some blog questions.

How many blogs do you follow? Just counted 83... that's just lapband blogs. I follow about twenty to thirty other random sites/blogs in my google reader.

Do you read them all or just your faves? I read everything that shows up in my Dashboard.

Do you comment a little, a lot, on all? I want to comment more than I do. Sometimes I don't feel like I have anything interesting or valuable to add, so I refrain, though sometimes I drop a note just to let someone know I was reading and cared. Sometimes I read at work (though that is becoming impossible), and I definitely wouldn't comment from there.

Have you ever unfollowed someone because of something they said or you didn’t like their blog? Nope. Though I did decide not to follow someone in the first place because I just didn't feel like I could relate on any level.

Do you routinely unfollow and why? I haven't "cleaned house". I don't have that big of a list yet, so it's still fairly manageable. However, the whole discussion does have me curious about who I'm following that's not really active.

4. Repeat question. Pick one day and one healthy thing you’ll do for just that day next week.

I totally failed last week's BYOC promise, so I vow to do better this time. This week, I will work on going to bed earlier. I've been staying up way too late, and this really hurts when the little guy gets me up at 1am!

5. Repeat "Make someone a superstar" question. Whose blog or blog comment stuck with you this week and why?


She's already a superstar, but Amy's coming out post was great.

2 comments:

Amy W. said...

Well...now the question is how do I TOP coming out? Damn...it's going to be hard :)

Seriously though, thank you for loving me regardless!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Loved your answers...