Friday, June 11, 2010

BYOC

What was your first pet?
We had a dog named Muffy when I was a baby. I have very vague memories of her, but there are tons of pictures of us together. My mom says I used to call the dog "mommy-ommy".

2. When did you lose your virginity?
I was almost 20. It was a boyfriend in college. Randomly enough, he was roommates with the guy that I married and he even stood up in our wedding. Can you say "awkward"? Seriously though, so much time had passed in between that it really wasn't that bad -- we had both dated plenty of people in the meantime.

3 & 4 – I’m combining these two cuz this answer could be long. A follower (thanks Steph) asked if I could ask what a daily meal plan looks like for each of you – out of curiosity and out of possibly learning new foods to try.
Here's what I've been doing lately (and has allowed me to lose all my baby weight and then some).

Breakfast: I start work at 7, so I'm usually up at 5:30 and out of the house by 6:15. I'm tight in the morning, so I usually drink some watered down juice with a scoop of Nectar protein powder.

Snack: I start to loosen up and get a bit hungry around 9:30/10:00, so I'll have a piece of string cheese or yogurt and a granola bar.

Lunch: Lunch is touch and go at work. I get very stressed out at work sometimes and that makes me unable to eat. So, sometimes I'll have a half of a Lean Cuisine. Sometimes a cup of soup, sometimes lunch meat and cheese with mustard. And I usually try to have a little bit of fruit, even if it's just 4 or 5 raspberries.

Snack: I occasionally get snacky in the afternoon, and I'll admit to breaking down and having the random Snickers bar or another granola bar. Mostly though, this snack tends to ruin my dinner, so I try to just fill up on water or Crystal Light.

Dinner: Dinner is so random. We are working on getting better at planning, but it's been slow going. We are both foodies, so dinner might be anything from baked tilapia with steamed veggies to flank steak with gorgonzola and pears on a wrap. I don't really shy away from much at dinner -- I just figure I'm eating so little of it, it really doesn't matter. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Snack: I used to regularly have an after dinner snack, but I've really gotten away from that lately. Every once in a while I'll have a bit of ice cream.





5. Repeat question: What blog or blog comment stayed with you or stuck with you the most this week and why?
Hands down, I gotta go with Band Groupie's "Party in My Fat Pants". It just reminded me of what amazing things are possible.

No comments: