Friday, June 18, 2010

BYOC and my first blog award!



First, I must thank Grace for nominating me for this awesome award! I don't even know how this works? Do I tell you 7 things about me like Grace did? I guess I shall...

1. I wasn't sure I wanted to have kids ever. I've never felt very "motherly". Then, when my cousin got preg with her second, I literally felt this wave of jealousy wash over me, and I announced to my hubby that I must have a child! Three years later, I have two, and I love it. And them. Enormously.
2. I could live on chips, salsa, and guacamole.
3. I have already had three careers (corporate trainer, web developer, and cardiovascular technician), and I don't feel like I'm done yet. I bore easily, and I always need to learn something new.
4. I like showtunes and classic rock. Lots of other stuff too, but those two the most.
5. I never paint my fingernails, but I always keep my nails neat.
6. I am a bit of a movie buff, especially old movies from the 40s and 50s. I get teased at work a lot about how many movies I've seen.
7. I have a secret dream of being a figure or natural bodybuilding competitor one day. I love muscles, I love lifting weights. I know it would be a lot of work on TOP of losing all this weight, but who knows? I have seen that amazing things are possible.

Seven people to pass it on to... and I'm late to the party here, so I'm sure some of you already have this. But I wanted you to have it anyway.
1. Stephanie at Dreams of Skinny High Heels
2. Fiona at The Incredible Shrinking Woman
3. Jenny at Embracing a New Path 
4. Debi at Hawaii Bound Bandster
5. Beth at I'm ready to become the woman I want to be for the rest of my life
6. Kagead at provoking practicality
7. T. Michelle at ...HotDogs N Hamburgers...



And now, as if you haven't had enough of me for one night, here's BYOC...

1.  If your heart had a singing voice, whose would it be?

My first gut response is Beth Hart. I have always loved her soulful raspiness, like she just had a shot of whiskey before she belted out the song. But really, I gotta go with Judy Garland. I'm not nearly as tortured a soul as she was, but she still has a hold on me. Maybe because we share the same birthday? Maybe because my mom always said I was born sixty years too late? Maybe I just like her songs, and I like to think if my heart was singing, it would be belting out something like, "Shout halelujah, come one, get happy!"

2.  What is your most disgusting habit?

I just asked my husband this question (about me), and he replied, "Oh my god, you have so many, I can't even begin..." So, I happen to know the top of his list would be how I kick my socks of while I sleep and leave them in the bottom of the bed in the covers. I swear the man nearly pukes if his foot touches them. I will also admit to peeling and chewing the skin around my fingernails. It's gross, I hate it. My mother used to tell me that no boys would ever want to hold my hand. Luckily, I married one who does the same thing. It's a stress response, I can't help it!

3.  Carmen and I were talking about Chicago and our fears...for those of you going (and those of you not you can answer as if you were going)...what is your biggest fear?

I guess my biggest fear is not fitting in with anyone, not finding some friends. I realize this is so ridiculous, especially because anyone who knows me would tell you I make friends very easily. I'm one of those people who will talk to you in the grocery line. I still have some social anxiety though. I also have a small fear of having too much to drink and making a total ass of myself -- though hopefully, if it does happen, I will have a few partners in crime!

4.  This isn't so much a question but a challenge.  Name one thing you will do for just one day next week in the name of health and commit to it on your blog and to us.

For one day, at least, I will bring my lunch to work. I usually buy from the cafeteria, and it's such a waste of money and such a lack of nutrients. I could pack a portion appropriate lunch and save some money to boot.

5.  Whose blog or comment stuck with you the most this week?

Sometimes this question is so hard! *sigh* This week, I will go with TJ's post about dieting.

5 comments:

Debi said...

First off, thank you so much for the Beautiful Blogger Award!!

I loved your answers to the BYOC questions!

I too love the soulful raspiness in a female voice, but I would have to say that I love the Etta James song "At Last". It always speaks to me and I can't resist but want to dance with my man!

I too chew on the skin around my finger nails when I haven't manicured them soon enough!!

And my biggest fear if I were able to go to Chicago, would be that I wouldn't fit in with the others!! Especially since I am much older than many of you!!

Just goes to show how much alike we all are!!

Fiona said...

Thank you so much for the award! I am really touched.
I may have to stop reading this week's BYOC because after writing my Chicago fears I am reading everyone else's and adding them to my internal list. I hadn't even thought of getting drunk and making an ass of myself. And the funny thing is I'm not even going lol

kagead said...

Thanks so much for the award and I love your BYOC answers. Guessing you definitely won't be alone if you have one too many cocktails in Chicago... :)

Jenny said...

If you drink too much I'll tell you! <3 I'm glad we are rooming together!

Beth said...

Thanks for the award!! And I will definately be one of those partners with the going out part, plus think about it this way we all are now a bunch of light wieghts as non of eat very much so we will all be on the boat with you ha ha