Friday, June 4, 2010

BYOC

1. If you could live anywhere in the world - where would it be and why?

I have always loved Arizona -- we visited family there quite a lot when I was a kid. I love the heat and the sun- I don't think I would ever get tired of it.

2.  How old were you when you got drunk for the 1st time?


I had done some drinking before this, but the first time I was ever super-duper-falling-down-need-to-puke drunk was on my 19th birthday. I spent the weekend with a friend, and, for some ungodly reason, drank an entire six pack of Zima (remember that stuff?!). I will never forget that feeling of the room spinning. I was trying to fall asleep, but I was so drunk I couldn't close my eyes! Back then, I wasn't the master puker that I have become post banding. All that really needed to happen was a good upchuck. But seriously, before I got banded, I could count on one hand the times I have barfed in my life (not counting infancy, of course).

3.  What was your favorite toy growing up?

One of my favorite things was this roller skate case. It was a red, white, and blue, and it had these old-school buckles on it. I used to keep all my current favorites in it. First, it was doll clothes, then barbie stuff, then Lord only knows. I don't believe I ever kept roller skates in it.


4.  What's your favorite season and why?


I like summer and fall the best. I love the heat of summer and the way the trees and foliage fill in lush and green and make a canopy of leaves over my street. I love the smell of fall, the swirling leaves, the changing colors, and the perfect temperatures for jeans and sweatshirts.

5.  Repeat question....which blog or comment spoke to you or stuck with you the most this week?

Kagead posted about a friend's negative reaction to her surgery news. This touched me because I was once that friend. A good friend, who I've known since 7th grade, got banded a year or two before I did. When she told me about it, I was surprised. I was also on my high horse about exercise because I had just finished a weight loss challenge in which I worked my hiney off for 8 weeks to lose 12 pounds, and I thought I could conquer the world with squats and bench presses. I don't remember exactly how I reacted, but I know I wasn't as supportive as I could've been. To this day, we've never talked about it. I wish I could go back and redo that conversation -- although maybe following in her footsteps (same surgeon even) was enough of a come-uppance!

No comments: