Sunday, September 11, 2011

Why, why, why? And a refocus.

I'm having a bit of a tantrum right now. In my head. From the outside it just looks like I'm enjoying a glass of wine and a piece of cake, but from the inside, well, just picture a toddler stamping and flailing and screaming. It's never pretty.

Why do we do these crazy things? Why, when I know it's going to mean bad things for the scale in the  morning and bad things for the various metabolic processes in my body, why am I still doing it? Why sabotage? Why have I not yet let go of comforting myself with food? There, I said it. I still turn to food for comfort. Why? In general I feel like I'm in a pretty good place. I've had a stressful week, but I can usually get past that sort of thing. So why? Because it was there? Leftover from the tater tot's birthday party? I don't have the answers. I don't think I ever will. But I'm ok with that, because as long as I never stop trying, there is still some glimmer of hope and sanity.

So what am I doing to get past it this week? Refocus on the paleo, baby. I read an interesting article from the Crossfit journal about the Zone diet, and how you can adapt it to paleo or whatever. I just need to pay a little more attention to meal planning this week and bring  a little more creativity to the table. The Zone blocks that are laid out in this article may be a tool for me to do this.

What else? Well, I'm planning on going to Crossfit again Wednesday night. I'll try to hit the gym at least two other times too. Most of all, I will try not to be a total stressball at work this week. Perhaps a noon walk would be in order. At least some fresh air.

Can you believe how close it is till Chicago? I need to go shopping!

4 comments:

MandaPanda said...

I still did this too but it was even more twisted. I binged...bad...over the weekend and totally reverted to the "I've already blown it for the day so I might as well..." REALLY!?! I don't know why we did it to ourselves but I agree...as long as we keep trying, we'll get where we're going. Never give up! Never surrender!

Rhonda said...

18 more days! :)

speck said...

Well you basically took the words right out of my mouth! I know exactly how you feel.

And as far as why we do crazy things....I think I've just accepted that I'm nuts in the food dept. lol

But I'm like you. I've never given up and that says a lot.

So yes, I'm am refocusing and doing some meal planning.

I just found your blog. I like it! :)

Sandra

Kristin said...

Hang in there you have come so far! I am sure that this too shall pass, and remind yourself all of the great things you have accomplished.

We are here for you, and I can't wait to meet you either!