Yesterday after work, the hubs let me go on a little shopping spree for my birthday, so I took off for the massive outlet mall. I figured if nothing else, I'd at least get a good walk in. Here's where I shopped:
- Lord & Taylor Outlet: This place was like my worst TJ Maxx nightmare. I just was not in the mood to shop somewhere so disorganized. One bright spot was finding a pair of Not Your Daughters Jeans shorts. I tried on the 18s, but they were way too big. No 16s in sight, so none for me.
- Next stop was Chicos: I was pleasantly surprised to find that I can actually fit in their clothes. I must have tried on eight million items here, but the cut of their pants are a little too tight across the hips for me, and some of the shirts are a little too, uh, not my style. I did get a pair of shorts and one 3/4 length sleeve shirt. I will return when I lose another ten or fifteen pounds. This was one of those places where I felt bad about not buying more because the sales lady just kept bringing stuff and bringing stuff. I wasn't that in love with anything though.
- Torrid: I haven't shopped here in forEVER. Tried on some size 16s, but everything was too big or just too full cut. Never thought I would have that problem. Tried some shirts too, but I'm not 16 anymore, so... meh. I did see that they had some shaping camis -- might have to go back for one of those eventually.
- I tried a few other places: Eddie Bauer, Talbots, etc. Nothing was striking my fancy. At that point, you know it's time to get out of dodge.
- One last stop: Coach Outlet! Oh yes, I can hardly believe it, but I did it. I've never been particularly hung up on this brand, but I have been looking for a new summer purse, and they had the perfect one. On top of that, they were having extra 30% off yesterday, so this was a super bargain. Here it is, complete with blue flower keychain. I love it.
- Fast forward to this morning. I took the tater tot out to Meijer at 6am since she'd been up since 4, and we needed some entertainment. I found myself a new pair of workout pants and a couple new t-shirts. Believe it or not, I do have plans to put them to use this week!
Today, however, is one more freebie. My sister is having a BBQ for my niece's first birthday, and I will have a piece of cake, damnit.