Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Quiet 'round these parts

Why do I make up these post titles that sound like cowboy-speak?

Yes, I've been quiet. I wouldn't say I've been hiding, just quiet. It's another rough work week for me, and I'm just exhausted. I won't go into detail because, frankly, I don't want to relive any part of it. Things should settle down next week. Needless to say, I haven't made it to the gym, though once again hubs has promised to pick up the kids once a week so I can go to a late exercise class. They are offering cross-fit at my gym through a local affiliate, and I really want to try it.

I'm also PMSing like a mo-fo.

In all this funkity funk funk, I've actually started cutting sugar and flour from my diet. Okay, I will admit that the withdrawals may be adding to the funk. Just gotta get through a week or two. It's been going very well, although I did stick a spoon into a jar of hot fudge when I got home. Hey, it's a work in progress. I just finished reading Gary Taubes' Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It. Very good read. In keeping with my self-help junkie promise I made earlier this year, I had to give it the ol' college try. So, I'm following the Primal Blueprint, which is another book I am in the middle of reading. Any other bandsters out there going primal? I'd love to hear about it!

Anywhoozle... my brain is tired. I need to zone out for another thirty minutes before I go pick up the chitlins.

6 comments:

Lynda said...

Actually, I just ordered the Primal Blueprint cookbook yesterday! I'll let you know how it goes...

dede said...

Hey...cutting out sugar is a B*tch!! You're doing Great as far as I'm concerned!!! Now I'll have to check out the Primal Blueprint...don't know anything about it! hang in darlin'!
dede

Amanda said...

Ohh curious about Primal...

Okay so cutting sugar will make you crazy for a little while!

MandaPanda said...

Hey! My hubby and I have been working on going primal! We're actually starting a 30 Day Primal Blueprint Challenge in September. Got a lot of planning to do before then as it's not an actual challenge but one we made up. Good luck! And I hope work stress eases up soon...

Laura Belle said...

Well, I give you props for the flour and sugar!! That shit is H. E. DOUBLE Ls!

don't worry, i'm the biggest B today ever. Already bit two peeps heads off (like people and not the Easter marshmallow fluff of goodness). I need a nap.

Rhonda said...

I've been cutting out flour and sugar from my diet, too... and it's no fun for the first week or so... but I'm alright now. :) And the scale is moving, so I can't really complain!

I'm PMS-ing, too. Worst time to be sugar conscious, but if not now - when?!