Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Paleo Challenge Day Two

Well, holy hell, I just may do a little posty-post every day of this challenge!

Food for today...
Breakfast: 1/2 Quest bar, coffee with cream
Snack: 1 small avocado with salt and lemon juice
Lunch: 1 pc beef jerky, slice of cheese, and a small banana. This was my unfortunate 7-11 lunch that I grabbed on my way to class.
Snack: almonds
Dinner: ground turkey with sauteed zucchini and diced tomatoes

That lunch really left something to be desired. I'm hungry as all get-out right now, but I'm doing my best to hold out for dinner.

So, how awesome is this? I set my week one goal to be down 2.5 pounds... and it is already gone overnight! Bye-bye water weight! One other thing I've noticed already is I've had no afternoon slump yesterday or today. Usually around 2:00 I just want to lay my head down on the desk and nap. Today, even though I was in a boring management systems class, I was completely alert the whole time. It's fortunate -- I would've been head bobbing normally, and that never looks good in a class like that!

I also procured a babysitter for Saturday morning so I can go to the Crossfit Intro class. Hubs is running a 5k, so he won't be around. I am so pumped for this. Next summer I am going to be busting out pullups and pushups like nobody's business!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wooohoo, sounds like you're getting alot out of this new way of eating. :) I want all my water weight gone... sign me up!

Kristin said...

I need something to push me off this plateau, I like the loss even if it is water....LOL