Thursday, April 22, 2010

What a difference a shoe makes!

I attempted Week 2 Day 1 today and totally rocked it! I think I was a little more motivated knowing there were less run intervals even though they were a hair longer. Now, if I could only get over my self-loathing while running, I could really get into a good groove. It's the belly fat. I feel like everyone is staring at it. They're not. I want to say, hey, there were two kids in here, give me a break! Instead, I will forge ahead knowing that as long as I keep running, it will shrink eventually.

The Podrunner Interval podcasts are making this infinitely more enjoyable. I'm not a huge fan of electronic music, but there is a track on Week 2 that really makes me want to shake it.

Speaking of shaking it, I wish this was in my town. I'd go all the time. It reminds me of when I was in college, and we'd have ten minute disco parties on Wednesday nights for a study break. Good times, good times.

I haven't talked about my band much yet, but I will now. Because I barfed today. I have never barfed so much in my life as after I got this thing. I still don't regret it. I'm just much more comfortable with barfing. I like to talk about it, in case you couldn't tell. My husband is completely grossed out by the proceedings, so I can't share the details with him. Today's culprit was lunch. I thought I did pretty good with two thin slices of chicken gyro meat with tomatoes and gyro sauce on top. Protein and veggies, right? Well, then I had to go and eat two teeny little bites of chocolate pudding. Why? Why do I this to myself? I knew that damn pudding was going to slide down there and gum up the whole works. Sure enough. Damn pudding. Liquids for me tomorrow.

No comments: