Thursday, April 15, 2010

A couple things

I do mean to update here more often, but we had a death in the family, so it's been a busy week.

Yesterday was W1D2 of C25k. It went way better than Monday. I managed to run the first 4 intervals, 3 partial ones, and then I skipped one -- mostly because I was at a stoplight and I just couldn't bring myself to run in place.

One thing that became very apparent to me yesterday was that two pregnancies have definitely changed my body. I was squishy before, so I wasn't really sure all that much had changed, but my workout pants beg to differ. I used to be able to pull them up over the muffin top to sort of smooth things out, but instead they now roll right down to my waist. I have to say, it was a pretty huge thing for me to get over myself and run anyway knowing my belly flab was bouncing along for all to see. Then, a little old man who was watering his garden cheered me on. That was pretty cool.

I have to say, this weight is coming off for good, if for nothing else than to not have to face the horror of clothing shopping ever again. Now I get that even if you are of a slender shape, it's not always easy to find clothes either. At least you have more stores to choose from. I was in a big hurry after work the other day, trying to find an outfit for the funeral, so I figured I'd try good ol' Lane Bryant. Lord, I will so happy not to set foot in that store again. Granted, I have about 50lbs to lose before that happens. Epic. Shopping. Fail. I tried on eight pairs of pants, all of which made me look like I was wearing a circus tent. Four sweaters that did nothing but show off my stomach fat. So, I gave up and went to Macy's to try to find a pair of shoes. Four pairs I pick out -- none of which they have bigger than a size 8. Screw it.

Luckily, I found two pair of dress pants in my closet that still fit (one's even a bit big), so now I'm about to do some serious last minute shopping for a shirt or two. Wish me luck.

No comments: