Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ten Things Thursday!

1. Thanks for all your lovely comments yesterday. I know that was a bad angle, but seriously, that was almost one of the good ones. I chose it so I could show you my hair situation. Also, thanks for the Biotin suggestions -- I have a bottle in the cabinet, so I think it's time to give it a try.

2. I stopped by the new house site today. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they've already poured the basement! There's another house two doors down on the same schedule, so it will be neat to see them both going up. Time for my weekly drive-bys to commence!

3. I did awesome on water again today. Almost 70 oz! Food was another story. I just did not plan well. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. On the plus side, I had the BEST apple fritter of my life. I'm serious, it was so freaking delicious that I will never crave a 7-11 fritter again. And you know that is saying a lot!

4. Did I mention how the best thing about hubs being away for work this week is that I can watch whatever I want on tv? By that I mostly mean NO FOOTBALL. Tonight I'm watching an Encore miniseries based on the book The Crimson Petal and The White.

5. I have done minimal exercise this week. Like almost zero. Bets on how horrid I do on my 5k this weekend? Naw, I don't think it'll be that bad, truthfully. I know I can at least run 1/2 of it, and that will be more than I did the last time.

6.Tater had her fillings done today. It went pretty well. She went back by herself with minimal fussing. The funny part was how bummed out she was by her "fat" lip afterwards! I like this new dentist a lot, but there is a total flake working the front desk sometimes. She was checking us out today. My poor tater is standing there half in tears with a big wad of gauze hanging out of her mouth (so she didn't chew on her tongue while everything was numb). Tater says, mom can I have a sucker? The flake and I look at each other and smile. As if a dentist would hand out suckers, right? Tater is bumming hard core at this point, and I just want to get her out of there so she can fall asleep in the car. The flake then pipes up with, "it's a good thing she doesn't know I have chocolate in my drawer!" WHAT? Did you really just say that loud enough for my distraught 4 year old to hear. Jay-sus Christmas! Luckily, I managed to diffuse tates, but WTF? Why would you tease a kid about chocolate right after they had cavities filled? Jerk.

7.  I'm totally running out of things! OMG! Here's a funny: Animals Hate Children

8. My boss is going on maternity leave any day now, so my work life is about to get a lot more interesting. In good ways.

9. I would give anything for a root beer right now.

10. I need to go to bed!

8 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Mmmm - root beer. Dammit. Now I want some.

adorkbl said...

I found these root beer float pops that are soooo good. They are my treat when craving root beer.

Beth said...

What an insensitive idiot that woman was! Did she think your daughter lost her hearing in the dentist chair? Sheesh!

Lynda said...

I am soooo excited about your new house!!! I've not yet had the opportunity to build my own house. I may need to get notes from you in a few years.

jennxaz said...

dang some good root beer sounds heavenly! So excited for your new house!!!

MandaPanda said...

Thanks. Now I want a rootbeer float. What? You didn't say "float?" Well, I'm sure I read that somewhere...

Good luck on your 5K! And glad they're making good progress on the house. :)

speck said...

I love #4. My husband is gone for the weekend so I am going to be the biggest bum!

Can't wait to meet you.

Sandra

Rhonda said...

Oh my god. I envy you! It's nothing but sports here.

What a bitch that receptionist was. I wanna stab her in the foot with a sharp stick. (I guess it's just that kind of morning.)