Tuesday, November 9, 2010

11/9/10 A good start

Yesterday was a good day. Even my hubs commented that he thought I was really trying harder these last few days. One new thing that I did was to dig out my old lunchbox -- it's a big cooler type lunchbox that I don't have to worry about shoving in the fridge at work. I got my lunch packed the night before (and last night too!), so I didn't have to worry about that in the morning. I also kept within the calorie goal (1400) and made it to the gym to boot! Very pleased. There is also a list of what $150 could buy located on the fridge door -- a little reminder as I'm preparing food.

I'm feeling focused, which is good. We had some holiday drama (yes, already), and I've decided I really don't give a shit. I'm not going to let it bother me; I'll show up and have a good time, and that's the end of it. Thanksgiving is going to be low-key this year, although we do have two of them since my parents are divorced. I suggested not having two turkey dinners, but that suggestion was pretty much ignored. Hubs and I also decided to spend Christmas Eve night at home (we usually go to one of our moms' houses), but lugging two kids around this year will make that a little more complicated, so we've just said no. I know if I get caught up in a bunch of nonsense during the holidays, I will just want to eat and that is not acceptable. So, I'm doing my best to stay out of the crap and enjoy the good parts.

1 comment:

MandaPanda said...

Ugh! Family madness! I hate the drama the holidays undoubtedly bring. Good for you to not giving in to it this year. It sounds like you're really motivated right now and have a good lunch plan worked out. Keep it up!