Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

1. Right now I'm icing my knees and indulging in one of my guilty pleasures, which would be watching Step Up 3D for the eight bazillionth time. Whenever the scene with Madcon's Beggin' comes on, I have to get up and bust a move. First, I make sure the shades are down. Ha.

2. I finished Week 4 of C25k! Nuff said.

3. I worked with my trainer this morning. We did legs and I didn't want to puke, for once. Sometimes he comes up with some wack-ass combos. Also, I did about 100 jumping jacks and barely felt it, so that was quite awesome.

4. Coffee ice cubes in kahlua and milk. So delicious. Also, probably part of why I'm not losing.

5. My poor hubs is out for a walk, and it just started  pouring. He was planning on going about 4 miles, so Lord only knows how far away he is. At least it's just rain and not thunder/lightning.

6. Tomorrow my family from VA is coming in. We're having a shindig for my uncle's 60th. I love my VA cousins, so I'm really looking forward to this. Plus, I got a babysitter, so I won't have to chase my kids all night. Whee!

7. My sister and I are going to recreate some childhood photos for my dad's birthday. We picked out about ten of them to try, and we'll print the best ones. There's a few that have the potential to be hilarious. I will post them there when we get them scanned in. I wish we could go back to the house we grew up in to redo a couple of pics in the yard, but the people who live there now would probably think we were nuts.

8. I've been reading like a crazy woman lately. I figured out how to download library books to my iPad, and that was the end of that. I just started The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson today. This month, I've already finished The Rules of Civility by Amor Towles and The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian, and I'm halfway through The Dark Monk by Oliver Potzsch.

9. Speaking of reading, how many times do I have to smack myself in the face with the iPad before I just give up, put it down, and go to sleep? A lot, apparently.

10. I just have to say that I have the best inlaws in the world. Today, they came over and fixed our bathroom door. Do not ask me why, but we have lived with this thing broken for damn near a decade. It didn't shut all the way, and two month ago, the knob fell off. I know, classy, right? Well, now it has a brand new knob and it actually shuts all the way!

11. Bonus item! I think I'm going to go on a scale hiatus. I've realized that I'm putting so much stock in that number that I let it determine how I'm feeling and acting for days afterward. Maybe if I just stay off the damn thing, I can concentrate more on how I'm REALLY feeling. So, if I have a decent food day, I'll feel good, and keep going. Unlike now, where even when I have a good food day, if the scale is up, I just throw the whole thing away. Because I am such a scale whore, I'm not going to say I'll stay off it for good, but I am going to limit myself to once weekly weigh-ins on Fridays. I'm going to try to stick with this until BOOBs.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

LET'S DO IT! I'm up for Friday weigh-ins. Maybe we should wait until next Friday? :)

The pictures from your childhood recreations sounds REALLY fun. I should get my sisters and I together to take some pictures for my daddy's 60th birthday. You've inspired me to think up something awesome for him. :)

I need to download all of these books you're speaking of. We have the same taste in books, so I know I'd love 'em!

adorkbl said...

CONGRATS on C25K week 4!!! Boo yeah!! Rock it girl.

Sarah said...

Those photos sound great but knowing some of my childhood pictures could be very very amusing/embarrassing! Good luck.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I love every single one of these!

Steph said...

Ok...so I'm a week behind in reading and commenting and I am crap, but I blame my new ipad. i've been reading on it too and it, along with Angry Birds, is sucking the life out of me.

Kalauha and milk is the sweet nectar from the devil. Add a splash of baileys and amaretto, you mouth has an orgasm. Swear on it! We'll have to drink them in Chicago.