Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hot, hot, hotter...

That's what it is up here in the D. I wish we were going to have weather like this in two weeks when I go up north on vacation! Last night I had to strip my little guy down to his diaper -- he was too hot to sleep in jammies even with the a/c on. Poor little dude.
 
Well, I finally gave in and called my doc for an unfill. I'm hanging in there ok. No more PBs or stuck episodes. I'm still getting so little solids in though that I feel it's going to start working against me pretty soon. I've had less than 600 cals a day for about five days now. Starvation mode, anyone? I need my protein so all those squats and deadlifts don't go to waste! The best part? My doc is now operating at the facility that I work at, so I don't have to drag my butt across town to his office -- he'll squeeze me in between cases. Isn't he awesome!? The not so good part is that I still have to wait until next Tuesday. Who knows... maybe things will loosen up by then. I tell you what though. It is really embarrassing to be in a meeting and gurgling everytime I take a sip of water.
 
Tomorrow is the worst day of the heat, supposedly. It would be nice if I could get a few more pounds off this weekend, if nothing else.

5 comments:

Steph said...

I can't imagine goign through the heat y'all are dealing with and I live in Florida!!! At least we get nice ocean breezes here, so when it's 95 it doesn't feel THAT bad. try and stay cool and I am so with you on the embarrassing gurgling. Probably the one Lap Band rule I totally disregard is not drinkign with meals and as a result, it makes me the gurgle queen where the liquid trickles down. It makes hubby laugh!

Dawnya said...

Okay Stephanie...not the gurgle queen...hilarious.

Maria, I'm so glad you are getting that unfill soon. You will be happier once you are back on solids. You are going to continue to lose. Can't wait to see you in Chicago.

Theresa said...

I just got some out and boy do I feel better. Here's hoping Tuesday gets here quick!

Laura Belle said...

I know all about the hot-crap-tastic-ness of weather. Here is flatlandville it's 108 today. 108?! you freaking serious?! oh and to top it off, it's supposed to be 105 this whole week and part of next....with nada for rain.

Weather gods: please pull your heads out of your butt. please!

Rhonda said...

That's awesome - I wish my doc practiced closer, he's about 45 minutes away. Not that he does the fills... stupid True Results.

Anywho, I definitely feel you on the too hot front, it's stifling here in Texas.