Monday, May 28, 2012

Never a dull moment...

It's been an interesting couple weeks here. Starting last Saturday, I managed to gain 6lbs over the course of 5 days. I don't know what the hell was going on, but I knew I had to put the brakes on. Luckily it slowed down on it's own, and I manged to diet two of those pounds off this weekend. Seriously though, I was up to 212.4! It's been over a year since I weighed that much and I was really feeling it! Still not sure what caused it. I was still exercising, not eating like a hog, period was over. Who knows?

Anyway, I happened to have my annual gyno appointment on Friday, so I told her all about it. And about my stupid heavy periods which are cramping my style (get it? cramping? ha.). Blood work so far shows my thyroid is a tad on the low side (maybe that will explain my ever thinning hair and crappy sleep?), and I'm still waiting for ultrasound results. On the 4th, I go in for a mini-D&C and more bloodwork to check my hormone levels. If all is well with that, this chica is getting ablation done PRONTO.

On a more positive note, I've still been keeping up with my exercise: three days of lifting and two or three of cardio. I'm logging with MFP, just trying to keep myself honest.

Speaking of exercise, I've been thinking about running again. My hubby and my sister and a bunch of our friends started this group they call Run Fatty Run (not that any of them are really fat), and they do 5Ks together all year long. I'll admit, I'm kinda jealous. I may have talked about it before, but I have this thing about running. I want to do it. I have this totally romantic notion of it. I don't know why. I tried C25K before, but didn't get very far with it. Maybe that's just not the program for me? I do want to try again. Plus, my sister lost about 25lbs with Weight Watchers and all this running, and she looks amazing. We have the exact same body, so it's always interesting to look at her and sort of know what I'll look like at a lower weight. Anyway, I told her to save all her size 14s for me, because I'm hoping to need them soon.

Well, now I'm just blathering. It's been a long hot day in the sun here, so I'm off to get my beauty sleep.

4 comments:

Liz said...

I am currently doing C25k, and while it's definitely not easy, I'm enjoying the sense of accomplishment! I'm heavier than you, and I'm managing it. You can doooooo it!!!

MandaPanda said...

I had an ablation done last week. You can see my current post for how that went. So far, I'd recommend it. C25k didn't work well for me but I kind of developed my own interval training to build up my stamina and that worked. Also, having someone to do it with you is a huge motivator. Good luck!

Kristin said...

I am getting excited to start regular running, I have a lot of fear, but I know I have to get back to it!

I hope it goes well so that you can!

Keep up the fight!

Cat said...

I still haven't made it to 3.1 miles, but I did the C25K up to the 30 min run. It took me 8 complete months to do that 9 week program. : ) I say give it a shot then just keep repeating the weeks until you get it before moving on hon. Unless you hate it of course. : )