Friday, March 2, 2012

TGIF

How did it get to be March already? And yes, I probably say that at the beginning of each month!

I'm feeling kinda tight this morning. I bought some oatmeal from the cafeteria, but I can't even choke down one bite. It doesn't really help that I don't particularly like oatmeal. 

Yesterday morning I went for a stress test, specifically a stress echocardiogram. In case you are curious, a stress test involves walking on a treadmill and the speed and incline increases every three minutes. With the stress echo, they take ultrasound images of your heart before and at peak exercise (yes, you literally have to jump off the treadmill and lay down so they can image your heart while it's beating fast). Well, I killed it! I went for 11 minutes, which puts me at above average for cardiorespiratory fitness. I guess all that stair climbing is paying off! My echocardiogram looked good too. No mitral valve prolapse -- I was concerned because my dad has it (among other heart issues). So, all good for now. 

Two more days till my stair climb! I got a babysitter for Sunday morning, so my hubs can come downtown with me. I'll make sure to bring the camera and take some pics.

5 comments:

MandaPanda said...

Very impressive on the heart test. Good luck on your climb! You'll nail it!

Lap Band Gal said...

I can't wait to hear all about that climb. Go you! :)

trishajo said...

Maria - did you get that stress test done because of your family history? or just for precautionary measures?


Heart issues run rampant on my dad's side of the family, I am always concerned about how it may affect me, and think that doing something like that stress test wouldn't be a bad idea.....

Rhonda said...

Love you, that is all.

Also, good luck on your climb!!

Banded Mommy (Angie) said...

Great to hear the heart is A-OK
Good Luck on the stair climb!!
xo!