Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

1. Damn that Flo-Rida for penning such a catchy tune about beejers. Gotta turn the station when that comes on in the car lest my 4 year old starts singing "Can you blow my whistle baby, whistle baby..."

2. Nutritionist appointment today. Not looking forward to it. Mostly because I'll have to own up to not following our plan for more than two days. I'm just not feeling up to talking about it in general, so this will be fun. Not.

3. Tomorrow is my first 5k race! I'm not done with C25k yet (more on that below), but I thought, what the heck, might as well run/walk it and see what happens. I'm still signed up for the one in September and managed to recruit two friends to join me!

4. C25k. I hate to sound like a quitter, but I don't think I'm going to finish it. I'm not quitting running, but at this point (week 7), I just can't hang. I'm sticking with intervals for now. I usually run anywhere from 5-10 minutes, then walk for 2-3 minutes. I do this for a total of 30-40 minutes. Hey, it's more than I was doing a few months ago. So if you don't see anymore C25k posts on FB anymore, that's the haps. I'm also following the Nerd Fitness Running Guide workouts, so each time I run I'm doing either a core workout or a body weight workout. 

5. We are breaking the tater tot of her night-time pacifier habit. The first night was fine -- I think she was caught up in the novelty of not having it. The second night, well... she called me back to her room like 4 times, then finally the last time she was all trembly lips and teary eyes and says, "Mama, where's my paci?" Oh boy. So I had to remind her that she gave it to the paci-fairy (I know, right?) and the paci-fairy brought her a new Strawberry Shortcake movie, blah blah blah. Then she says to me, "Can we take the movie back, so I can have my paci?" Now I had to go into the whole routine about the paci-fairy gave her paci to a new baby that needed it. Oh the tangled webs we weave! All for a damn paci. From a near 4-year-old. Hopefully tonight will be better. The best part was when she said, "But I don't want to give it to the paci-fairy! I want to put in the garbage!" Well, hell, if I'd known that I could've skipped the whole paci-fairy story in the first place!

6. On Pandora right now...Something Good Can Work by Two Door Cinema Club. Good stuff.

7. My little guy got his finger pinched in a door at daycare last week and the nail is about to fall off. If it were my own finger, I'd have probably ripped it off by now, but I'm pretty sure it would scar him for life if I did it to him!

8. One of my favorite non-band blogs to read is The Great Fitness Experiment. Here is a recent post that actually made me LOL. http://www.thegreatfitnessexperiment.com/2012/08/my-top-10-most-embarrassing-fitness-moments-pics-plus-an-opportunity-for-you-to-be-on-shape-com.html

9. Earlier this week I had two stellar sugar-free days. Then Wednesday I went totally off the deep end and over the course of the day actually had 3 candy bars. And a glass of Bailey's. And a muffin. And a popsicle. Why can't I find a damn happy medium? It's a good thing we don't have a lot of junk in the house, because I'm sure I would've eaten it.

10. For a minute just now, my keyboard would only type capital letters (I swear it wasn't the capslock because I hit it numerous times), and I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO TYPE MY ENTIRE LAST BULLET POINT LIKE THIS. JUST LIKE THIS! ARE YOU READING IT IN YOUR HEAD IN A LOUD AND ANGRY VOICE? haha. Had to do it. Also, there is a hilarious joke about dyslexics and the word capslock. I'm at work, so you'll have to google it.

10 comments:

The Dandy Bandy said...

GAH! Now I HAVE to look up the joke...the suspense is killing me!!!!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I'm gonna go read that post you linked. Oh the paci wars...I remember that CLEARLY. Hang in there.

Liz said...

Maria, don't quit on C25k! Even if you need to slow it down and repeat stuff, that's not quitting!!! Please please please email me and I can help :)

jennxaz said...

lol---I so have to change that tune too...my little boy was singing it. Sometimes our body just tires out a little...don't quit the C25k just keep at it girl!

Theresa said...

You crack me up!

Harmony said...

I hope all goes well with the 5K! I don't know that I could do that even when I hit goal.

Cheri said...

I think it's great you are still doing the 5K tomorrow, and the one in September. Sounds like you are just readjusting your goals, not quitting.

Laura Belle said...

Good luck on your race today!!!!

And I don't think it's a big deal about 'quitting' c25k, as long as you're still running. it took me forever to get to the point of running 3 miles w/o stopping. So just keep working on it!

Rhonda said...

I'm picturing the dyslexia joke being something about a slap. ;) Nastay.

Anywho, good luck with your race today! I'm with Liz, repeat until you can finish. :)

MandaPanda said...

LOL @ capslock!

I am a quitter of the C25K program. It just wasn't for me. I actually found that interval training worked for me...just not THEIR intervals. I did my own thing and actually progressed better than by following their program. I still don't like to run though. Good luck!