Thursday, April 12, 2012

2 Year Blogiversary!

I almost missed it, but my blogiversary was on Tuesday. Two years ago, I decided to dive into the banded blogosphere and see what there was to see. I never dreamed it would be filled with so many wonderful people and that I would make so many great friends. Let's see what I had to say that very first post:

" When I got my band three years ago, there weren't very many people blogging about it. Now it seems there are tons! That's pretty cool.
I decided to join in because I just don't have a lot of people around me who 'get it,' so this is my place to let it all out.
My band has sort of been a secret, well a half-assed secret. People I work with know, most of my family knows, but only a select few outside that group. So, if you found me here, then I guess the cat's out of the bag. It's a bit of a relief actually. You see, I'm about to really start getting down to business losing the rest of this weight, and it would be nice to not have to make excuses for why I got full after just a few bites (because that's kind of weird for someone my size, isn't it?).
I'm also here for accountability. If it's out there, and someone's reading it, it's going to help me follow through. 
Here's to new adventures in weight loss and exercise!"

It's good to review that post and remind myself why I started this in the first place. I need to keep fighting the good fight! 



11 comments:

Janice said...

It is wonderful to have such a great support group! :) Happy Blogiversary!!!

Lap Band Gal said...

YAY! Congrats! :)

MandaPanda said...

I'm so glad you made that decision to start blogging! We love you!

Darlin1 said...

Glad you're here!

XO

Catherine55 said...

So glad you decided to blog! Happy blogiversary!!

Cat said...

Happy Blogiversary!! I'm so happy to have gotten to know you.

Steph said...

Happy band Blogiversary!!! You've always been one of my favorites and you really are an awesome blogger (and cool chica!!!)

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Awwww....happy anniversary babe!

Kristin said...

We are so glad you started your blog! We love you!

Laura Belle said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!

Beth Ann said...

I <3 you! :)