Monday, February 20, 2012

Slowly inching downward

I have good news. The scale is moving in the right direction! So nice to be able to say that. Hubs and I just finished our first official week of Weight Watchers, and it's going well so far. I do notice that since, I can't eat the volume sometimes required, I will finish up my points with something dumb like M&Ms. No more of those this week. Well, at least not every day. 

We had a pretty good weekend. I cleaned out my bedroom closet to make room for my new clothes (my mom and I went shopping on Wednesday), and I took the tater tot to see The Secret World of Arrietty yesterday. It was her first movie theatre trip and she did pretty good. We only had to go to the bathroom once! Miracle of miracles! It was a good movie too.

The only bummer this weekend was Saturday night when we I woke up at 10:30 hearing hubs go into tater's room and her crying. The light was on so I figured I better check it out. OMG. Barf everywhere. Poor thing. We think she was coughing so hard, she just tripped her gag reflux and there everything was. So gross. It was even in her hair! We got everything (and her) cleaned up pretty fast and got her back to bed in like 15 minutes and thankfully she went back to sleep. Of course, the next morning was no fun because I had to deal with a pile of barfy bedding.No stains though -- love Oxyclean!

And just in case you haven't heard enough about barfing at 8:30 in the morning... I totally got stuck on chicken soup last night. I think it was a combo of being tight from my impending period and slurping down big chunks of chicken and kale (we started putting kale in our chicken soup -- it is insanely delicious). Bad combo. So, it's liquids for me today. At least until dinner time. 

My stair climb is coming up in two weeks! Yikes! I will tell you I have been ROCKING the stepmill at the gym. I did 15 minutes on it this morning at 42 steps per minutes. If I do my math right, that is 630 steps, and the climb is 1035 steps, so I'm over halfway there. I'm sure I will walk the stairs a little faster than I do the stepmill, so hopefully I can finish the whole thing in less than 30 minutes. I'm getting pumped!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

M&M's and their dark chocolate raspberry are calling my name too. Evil things.
So glad the scale is working downward, YAY.

Beth Ann said...

You are rocking those stairs!! WOW!

Sam said...

Your training sounds like it is coming along nicely, and don't get me started on the m&ms I hate those yummy devils :o)

Andrea said...

You're doing great! Glad the scale is going down!

Kristin said...

Awesome on the downward trek, and WOOT WOOT on the stairs, damn lady that is hard stuff you are doing!

MandaPanda said...

You are rockin' the stairs!!! So sorry about the barf stuff...I hate waking up to that in the middle of the night.