Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rain, rain, go away!

It is raining cats and dogs here! I don't like the wind that came with it because it kept blowing my umbrella inside out, but I do like the sound of it on the roof. As long as there is no thunder to wake up my kiddos, I'm a happy camper.

This week has not been a great one. I'm facing a very difficult situation at work which will come to a head tomorrow. I have faith it will all be water under the bridge in a few weeks and we can all get on with life. Until then however, I'm going to have to call on all my communication/leadership skills to get my team through it. Thank God I just took a seminar in Cruci@l Convers@tions. I learned a lot and realized I already possessed some of these skills. I just didn't know I was doing it!

Also, my little guy is sick AGAIN, so I've been scrambling for babysitters all week because I just cannot afford to not be present at work with all the shenanigans going on. He seems to be doing better today, so now I'm just praying my tater tot doesn't catch it. I've been ruthless about them not sharing spoons/forks/sippy cups, etc, which is hard because I normally don't care. I swear he's cried more because I've taken a sippy away from him than anything else.

On the band front, I've been fluctuating in tightness. I'm OTR suddenly -- a couple days early than I was expecting. I haven't been very vigilant about food, though I can tell my volume is down, so I'm coming out fairly even. I still haven't visited the gym. I'm not trying to make excuses -- I know I could be staying on track even with the work stress and the sick kids. I feel I've sort of dropped back into planning mode, and I've got to kick myself back into action. I want to make November a big month!

If you've made it this far, here's a little fun. I was cleaning out my makeup stash and I found a couple things still sealed that I will never use. If you're interested, I have a Bare Escentu@ls Illuminating Miner@l Veil and lip gloss in Praline. Like I said, they are still sealed, never used. I hate to throw this stuff away, so let me know in the comments if you want them, and I'll pick a random number.

8 comments:

Stephanie M. said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough week. Poor kid. :-( I'd absolutely love to try the Bare Escentu@ls! I've looked at it a dozen times in Sephora but it's so expensive, so if you're just going to get rid of it, I would be so happy to take it!

Jessica said...

Sorry you have had a rough week... Hope it gets better :)

Kristin said...

I hope that the kiddo is on the mend soon! Nothing worse than when they are sick. You will get through the work crap I just know it!

As for the "stuff"! I use it, so if you are getting rid of sure I will take it!

Hugs

MandaPanda said...

Sometimes life just gets in the way of our weight loss efforts. If you're just maintaining with all you've got going on, then that's a victory. Remember there was a time that you probably would've been packing on the pounds.

Sorry your kiddos are sick. Nothing worse than that and you want to be home with them but can't. Hope they feel better soon.

As for the make up, hells to the yes. I'm a make up hoarder. LOL. I've been wanting to try that brand for awhile but haven't gotten around to it. Put my name in the hat! Hope everything works out OK at work. I know how those things can go.

Rhonda said...

Aww, I hope the little man gets to feeling better soon! Nothing worse than a sick boy, they're so pitiful. When mine are sick they just lay on the floor (literally!) all day, they're such sad-sacks. Maybe your little guy takes it better. If so, I'm jealous!

Justawallflower said...

I love bare minerals! so count me in! I was just getting ready to do a make up order to. Hope everyone is feeling better in your house!

Lucy said...

Hope your little one heals up and that work improves! I too have been putting off exercising. I really need to get in gear.

Cece said...

Yes, I am sick of this weather ! It's been taking me forever to get to and from work but I'm glad I didn't loose power! Argh ! Oh the lip gloss in Praline sounds divine :)