7am - homemade granola bar
10am - homemeade granola bar
12pm - 1 cup kale slaw, 1 rice cake with cashew butter
4pm - 8 sesame rice crackers with hummus
6pm - 3oz lamburger, 4 asparagus spears, 1/2 cup basmati rice
8pm - nondairy mochi ice cream treat
What I learned today:
- This doesn't have to be all crazy new and different foods. I can still have an apple or a banana and be on plan.
- New foods are fun though. The lamburgers rocked. We even replaced the breadcrumbs with crumbled rice cake.
- My band doesn't like rice cakes with cashew butter. I felt on the verge of being stuck for a good hour after lunch.
- Trader Joe's non-dairy mochi ice cream is delicious! The "ice cream" is coconut-milk based and was perfectly yummy.
- Trader Joe's Roasted Seaweed Snack... not so yummy. Barf-inducing, in fact. Even my coworker, who eats stuff like this all the time, said they were disgusting.
- I love kale, but I prefer it cooked. Probably will not be repeating the kale slaw. If we do, there will be more dressing involved.