Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oh bother...

I had to call in to work today because now BOTH kidlets are sick. The tater tot is still running a fever, and now the little guy is coughing and hacking and choking on mucus. I moved him to the swing at about 2:30 this morning so he would be a little more upright. Hopefully we can get into the ped's office early so it doesn't interrupt nap time (sweet glorious quiet peaceful nap time!).

I'm probably getting myself all worked up for nothing, but I'm afraid this is going to mess up my time off plans for the next two months. The way I figure it, I need 32 hours of vacay to cover two days off this month, plus two days off for Chicago next month. I'm pretty sure I had 27 accrued, and there's still like 3 pay periods before Chicago, so I think I'll be alright. What I really need to do is just dig up a recent pay stub and figure it out instead of worrying about it. There's a lot of good things about working full time, but trying to fit in doctor appointments and such is horrendous. I hate burning a whole day of vacation pay just for two hours at the ped's office or whatever (this month it's my fill and my follow up to the uro, then the little guy's repeat audiology testing). The way staffing is at my place, it just isn't possible to take a half day.  I'm just blathering...

Here's hoping the tater is not too much of a fuss pot today.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Have just read through your blog. Hope that your little ones are feeling better soon.