I never have been much of a New Year's Resolution person. I may say I've made some, but I've never really followed through. This year though, you guys have inspired me to really set up some goals and make some great things happen for myself. So here are my overall goals for 2012.
- Get to Goal Weight: 170lbs
- Give paleo-style eating an honest month (at least) of effort.
- Set monthly exercise goals and track consistently (and blog it!)
- Find fitness events to stay motivated to exercise.
- Take supplements daily.
- Paint and install old headboard.
- Follow the 2012 Organize in 5 Daily Diary.
- Find a space in the basement to organize crafty items/tools.
- Carve out a little office niche somewhere in the house.
- Finish Service Excellence Certification
- Do monthly or semi monthly staff morale projects.
Where do I start? Well, I plan on doing a fluffy-esque monthly goal setting post on the 1st of each month and a wrap up on the 31st. I'll also tell you how I'm doing on the rest of the stuff. I also plan to keep an activity log and populate it with data from my Polar monitor (started that this morning!). I already have my first fitness even picked out for March (I'll tell you more about that later).
And there you have it. Oh, before I forget, my phrase for 2012 is…
Level up my life, that is. There is a blog called Nerd Fitness that I've been reading for about a year now, and it really speaks to me. One of the main points there is you should do something to level up your life every day. In video games (if you are not familiar) you often have to do certain thing over and over (practice?) until you get to a higher level or proficiency. Makes sense that you would do that in real life too. More exercise will get you better fitness level. Making better eating choices over and over will eventually get you better nutrition, health, and weight loss. So, in 2012, I want to remind myself that I always need to be working on leveling up.
Watch out for my first goal post for January coming up!
ETA: linky to the Daily Organize thingamajig!